Friday, August 15, 2014

SUPER ROBOT CHOGOKIN - MAZINGER Z

I can claim that the MAZINGER is my first figure in the SRC line, I bought it as a present for my brother's birthday. To be honest I don't really have much interest in this line at the beginning, I got this for my brother because it is cheaper compare with the Soul of Chogokin line figures since my brother is a super robot crazy fan. Surprisingly, Bandai did deliver a good quality figure and paint job is nice on this figure, we were both very happy and spent a great time on him. After that, I bought the same figure again for my own collection which I'm showing in this review below.


Very nice box art for the front and back as well...


The figure seems to replicate the same figure from the SOC line. The only difference is that the size of this figure is much smaller than the SOC version, this is what I thought at the beginning, but I noticed that this figure is not just simply a smaller scale than the latter, it got more things for you to discover.....


The first thing that came to my mine when I took out this figure from the box is... Omg this figure is damn heavier than I thought....the lower part of the body is loaded with die-cast metal...great! The paint job is awesome, making the toy look far more expensive than it is....but on the downside, all the screws are visible on the back..


The sculpting of the significant Mazinger head is detailed enough and movie accurate even though in this tiny little size, but be careful, this figure has a lot of sharp edges on the head and so is the Presto Fire Panel on the chest.


The scaling of this figure is close to perfect, the proportions are spot on.


The pilot jet which combines with the head of Mazinger can be taken out.....


Even though is small..but it is detailed enough for display..


The figure is stuffed with articulation, for you to pose easily... I think this figure performs far better than the SOC version on this point.


Breast Fire....!!!!!

The crouch or kneel poses are not easy to achieve, but because of the wide range of waist joints, you could still manage to pose it in this way, I think this figure beats the SOC version in this vicinity...


The figure also come with extensive amount of accessories...


Never have we seen this KYOUKAGATA ROCKET PUNCH before in neither of the anime or comic, it is the original idea of this figure...the ROCKET PUNCH is use to combine with the original forearm of the Mazinger...cool....


Perhaps this ROCKET PUNCH did appear in the Super Robot War before... it looks familiar...


It comes with big and small open hands as well...


Sword is included with the package...the chrome work on the sword body is nicely done... But as you know, Mazinger Z never use any external weapons in the original setting, his major weapon is his body, this makes him look pretty dumb holding a sword...


Overall, this figure is close to perfect on all the aspects than you would be concerned with, the major flaws are that the size of the figure is too small, and lacking proper upward leg mobility. This might be due to the design of the character. Another thing is, this figure does not come with the JET SCRANDER, it is selling separately under Weapons which I'm a little disappointed. However, this is figure is better than satisfactory for me with the low price tag on it.

1 comment: