Tuesday, May 13, 2014

1/60 GUNDAM WING ZERO TV VERSION

This is a very old model kit, I remember one day, my mom was fixing my school uniform with an old fashion sewing machine... I was 15 years old at that time, I asked my mom whether I could buy this model kit while Gundam wing series animation was hot at that time. 1/60 is not a cheap model and it costs around RM 250 (USD 78), it was a lot of money for that time, and my family wasn't rich. My mom just passed the money to me without saying anything and I was so happy, I took a bus immediately and went straight to PUDU PLAZA.
I assembled this model 16 years ago. One day, I found this model at a corner and it flashes back images and memories of being with my mom during those days.... I decided to repaint it with my best skills and put in the maximum efforts, even though this model is considered old fashion compared to the model kits nowadays... Its just me sentimentally trying to thank my mom in different way.

I have inserted some rubber to fill those empty areas making them appear heavier and more solid.

I used metallic paint on this model kit, even though it's complicated and included many steps, but I felt happy working on my mom's present..

Some shadowing skills I have always applied for transformers toys on the silver area.

The different pieces were taken apart and worked on individually. 


The assembly.

Haven't done the wings yet...will be posting later once they are finished.


Finally done... Even as an old kit, it looks awesome...!! Mom, I din't let you down...


No comments:

Post a Comment