Saturday, August 9, 2014

SUPER ROBOT CHOGOKIN SERIES - GAOGAIGAR

This is my first SR series toy from Bandai, I was considering to buy this figure a long time ago, but did not until it become a rare item on the market, simply because it is an action figure meant for posing and can not be transformed. The price of this figure is not cheap as well, it is around USD70 at that time, and the price was raised up recently if you can even find one on the rack. Luckily one of the toy shop owners I know, still kept a few of it and he sold it to me within the reasonable price range I was hoping for....

As expected, the box art is nice, with glossy finish, the size is just nice and easy for you to keep at home.


I am a Gaogaigar fan indeed, the sculpting of this figure is perfect, the paint job was nicely done with glossy finish...no wonder it is so pricey

It came with two condition faces for you to interchange, one with the mask and the other without...

The diecast part is concentrated on the lower legs, making the figure appear heavy and solid... I like this baby..

The lion on the chest is awesome, movie accurate and the mouth can be opened.

The shoulder joints are ball joints, I'm not sure if it is my personal case or something else, the joints are too tight and they keep popping out when I turn them too often..

The transparent part on the bullet train is beautiful...and it has quite a number of lining on the train itself...

The Jet can be taken out separately.....

The exhaust grill can be replaced with the "open" condition part, the wings can be bend into certain degree so they would not affect Gaogaigar's movements during posing...

Posing time.....Broken Magnum!!!!!

Effect part !! It is a transparent piece for your to mount onto the knuckle, the piece is light and the color is nicely done.....Protector Shield....

The Diving driver is included in the package...so that's for you to shout "Diving...Dri~~~Ver~~~~!!!"

It also come with variable hands for you to pose " Hell and Heaven !"

WaaaAAwAAAA!!!

To be honest this is not the last photo I intended post, sadly my camera broke down during the process of the shooting, anyway for conclusion, I do not regret getting this figure, the paint job is nice, sculpting is perfect, articulation is more than enough for you to do posing. The main flaw of this figure is on the hip joints of the legs, the entire legs are made in diecast but the hip joint is made from plastic. It is common sense for everyone to know that it would certainly be impossible for this plastic hip joint to support the heavy diecast legs. This resulted in very loose joints and the legs keep falling down if you try to make some "fighting in the air posing"...I heard that Bandai resolved this problem by replacing the plastic joint with diecast as well for later figures that they release, such as Genesis Gaogaigar, Mazingkaisar and so on. I saw some reviews indicated that Bandai had released a second version of this figure which overcame the hip joint problem, sadly I couldn't find the second version over here... Anyway I got it solved by putting some gloss finishing color on it which I used for the painting job....

Ha...my camera back in life....here another effect part ...



Gaogaigar fans..do not miss it...

No comments:

Post a Comment