Thursday, July 17, 2014

Optimus Prime Masterpiece MP10 - Final

After few months of hard work, I have finally fully assembled the figure and completed the photo shooting for him last night...well, please enjoy the photos.


Look at the great  matte red painting, it really stands out when we touch up with the black lining... Sort of a Gundam feel, right?

I reserve the original chrome part because I want to create some layering effect for the integrity of the overall figure, at the same time, mixing some part with normal silver color.

Reserving some parts for the original black as well. Looks like it blended quite well with the other new color scheme.

I like the lower potion, blue really stands out when mix with silver..... I applied some gold color to some small parts to make it look more detailed and complex.

I change the forehead color from original silver to gold....... looks more grand.


The chest looks complex and detailed when shown with the Matrix sitting on it. The eyes painted with metallic blue... I really don't like the original bare transparent eye balls, it actually looks OK if you have light focusing from behind, but it looks bland in black without the lights shooting through...

Oh... finally, I realized my dream with the real Optimus Prime with animated color accuracy, the only outstanding item is that the Autobot logo, which I am still awaiting via postage delivery within this week. I might snap a few photos once I replaced the logo. Before signing off here, I've included a photo of the original OP in mint state black, you can compare them for yourself the before and after effect of repainting. Thanks for viewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment