Friday, July 18, 2014

Transformer Age Of Extinction - EVASION MODE OPTIMUS PRIME - Processing 1

Not planning to buy any Movie 4 TF toys this time after hearing a lot of negative comments on the figure designs and articulation, except for this figure. I bought this figure after watching the movie the very same day. So coincidentally I saw this figure on the rack while I was on my way heading back. Suprisingly this figure performed good articulation, simple transformation but maintained high detailing on the either robot mode or vehicle mode. 



The only things that disappointed me is the painting. Oh man, you know Hasbro always does terrible jobs on the painting part. In order to make this figure movie accurate, I immediate begin this new remodeling project by taking the first step to dismantle it as usual.


Hasbro uses a lot of nails instead of screws in their figures, maybe because of the designs or they just wanted to save some cost, therefore you need a handy hammer and a sharp screw driver to do the work.

Finally dismantle all parts...

Reserve some original color with masking ...as usual in my work..

This time I decide to use matte color for the red and blue........not metallic... There are two reason: First, because it really consumes a lot of mental energy when you dealing with glittering items, your eyes get old quicker. Second reason is, because I like matte color more nowadays because I feel that these colors are more neutral and show more layers when you are done lining on it, somewhat like the MP10 I have done previously.


After completing the red part, we have to cover up and leave the silver part to be painted. This time I use stainless steel color instead of silver, it looks shinier, but before that you'd need to spray the black color as the base layer and then cover it with stainless steel... it will enhance the shine and look more solid this way...


No comments:

Post a Comment