Sunday, July 27, 2014

DA28 STRICKER OPTIMUS PRIME REVIEW

Today I am in a good mood because my DA28 Optimus have finally arrived. As you know this figure was released in year 2013, the selling price was around 100USD back then. I did not purchase this figure at that time because of two reason. The 1st reason being I've already got the ROTF leader class saber OP, and the 2nd reason is that the price of this figure is almost doubled the price of the ROTF leader class OP. You must be asking why I decided to get this figure this time. Well, simply because I have been attracted by his cool armor on its vehicle mode and the major reason is, it finally came out in the KO version and is half the original price. Is difficult to get the Hasbro or Takara original version now and even if you can get it from EBAY, the price will be extremely high, anyway, enough of the history, lets get back to our figure.


The box is huge, just like the Leader class figure, what's inside the box is simple, you get prime, gun cannon, shield, user manual & card.

Out of the box, the figure itself is okay, what I mean is there isn't much difference between this figure in comparison to the original version, the plastic quality is good, joints are high, the only problem is the gun cannon which I will further explain later.

The color scheme of this figure is a little "darker" then DOTM OP version, especially the grey colored portion. I personally prefer this color scheme because it's look would not feel "too plastic". Anyway I'm going to custom paint this figure later so it doesn't give much difference.

The articulation of this figure is great, major joints equip with gears and springs, it can be aligned to present more refine poses if you don't mind taking off the gears and springs from the joints.

This is one of the examples, I have taken out the gears and springs on the leg joints, so from the picture below you can see the leg can be tuned until this angle with the said configuration.

Cool! Man.....what else I can say.?

One of the major things that worries people about the KO toys is the transformation, to be honest I was very worried that they might screw up the whole figure because of the poor quality on the joints and parts that are not being placed in the right angle or position.

Luckily the thing that I was worrying about did not occur in this figure, as you can see from the picture below, the vehicle mode is perfect.....

The truck is really big compared to my EVASION OP, this is what we call leader class...

Nothing different from the look, exactly the same with DOTM version..

Now is the exciting part, the truck looks totally different when I put the armor on it...

The truck is a feast!! Its feel dangerous looking on the dual machine cannon....
 As I said earlier, the major flaws of this figure are these two machine cannon, they can be put together to form a gun cannon for the robot mode, but they fit very losely when put together.... Anyway, it is a small flaw...no big deal, that can be solve easily.

I like this bumper design...how about you?


Overall, I am very satisfied with this figure, the flaws are minor to me, the quality is ok, articulation is thight and the most importantly, the price is cheap! The custom painting on this figure will be more focused on the vehicle mode this time, the process will be updated once I start this project, thanks for viewing....

No comments:

Post a Comment